Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Not too crazy excited.

Although I have made the decision to ride home from Halifax, I would describe my present attitude about the rest of the trip as just "lets get this stupid thing over with". When I've talked to my sister and different friends, everyone asks me, "why don't you just come home?" I guess the answer is because I feel like I have to do this part of the ride myself; alone. I need to prove to myself I can do it. If I don't take this opportunity now, I feel like I will regret it forever. Plus, I have to go to Prince Edward Island. It has always been a dream for me to go there.

But I really don't want to ride too much anymore. So this is my plan. I will leave Halifax and ride the 150 kilometers to P.E.I. and spend three days or so on the Island. Then I will come back via the bridge to New Brunswick, where I will ride North West into Quebec. This should take me 5 days. Then in Riviere-Du-Loup, I will get on the train (yes you heard me...the train) to Toronto. This will cut off 5 days or so of riding and then I won't have to speak to the French Fries as much. (Does that make me sound like an arrogant and ignorant Amurican? Sorry, I've been on the road for a god damn year and I want to be somewhere familiar. I don't have the energy or desire to experience any cultures anymore. I don't want to be akwardly bumbling along with each person I meet on the road with "Bounjour. Parle vu Englaise? or however the hell its spelled).

Ok, so off the train at Toronto. And then I will ride across through Sarnia to my parents house in Flint. That will be the end of my ride. From there I will take the train or be driven to Chicago. I think I've reached a happy medium. I will be biking enough to prove myself I can do it, but be zooming across the land quickly enough to not be on the road for too much longer.

I just want to get home. So hopefully soon, I will be there having drinks with all you midwestern folk. Save some room for me, I's a commin.

No comments: